- All products are added to your cart.
We are glad that you are just as excited about the Wobbel as we are.
To make sure you and your family can enjoy the Wobbel a lot and for a long time we urge you to read this manual. The Wobbel is a product of natural materials. Please check the Wobbel on arrival for the curve, looks, damages and stability. Please contact us within 14 days if you have any comments.
A printable user's manual in many languages and the manual for the Wobbel360 can be downloaded here:
Age and weight
The standard Wobbel and felt finished version are designed and CE, ASTM and AS/NZ certified for children of 0 months and older, but is also suitable for older children and adults up to 200 kilograms, 100 kilograms for the Wobbel Starter . The Wobbel with the cork finish is CE, ASTM and AS/NZ certified for children of 3 years and older. The Wobbel is a balance board to be used standing on it. Other uses have not been tested and certified, so Wobbel B.V. cannot guarantee its safe usage when used in other ways. Never let them stand or sit on the sides. Let your children get used to the Wobbel slowly and help them by giving them a hand or two. Make clear appointments about what can and can't be done with it.
Use and safety
The Wobbel is a very mobile toy and, as always with these kinds of toys, parental or adult supervision is required. Especially for children of younger ages. A few guides for using the Wobbel:
- Make sure your child always uses the Wobbel under adult supervision;
- Always use a Wobbel on a flat and level surface. Using the Wobbel on a sloped and/or rough surface could result in the Wobbel tipping over and causing injuries.
- Never wear socks or smooth shoes. Bare feet or shoes that aren’t slippery prevent accidents;
- When using the Wobbel in brigde mode (ᴖ), don’t walk near the edges, as it can tip over. Teach your children to walk in the middle. For children up to 6 years old, hold their hand in this position.
- Take care with fingers at the edges. Teach your children from the first use to always keep their fingers away of the edges. There is an entrapment hazard of the fingers and hands if they get caught under the Wobbel which could result in injuries;
- Make sure the is at least 2 meters of free space around the Wobbel (including other children). Place the Wobbel on a level surface;
- The materials of the Wobbel are subject to wear. Make sure your child doesn’t stick loose pieces in their mouth, which could result in choking. Remove them when present.
- The Wobbel is not a bed or crib. Do not let your children sleep in the Wobbel.
- Do not jump or stamp on the Wobbel. This can cause unexpected movements and cause injury.
A few guides for using the Wobbel:
- The Wobbel is designed for indoor use. It can be used outdoors, but will wear quicker. Never leave outside, because water and moist will eventually damage the wood, paint, felt and or cork;
- The untreated EKO felt can go pilling. This has no effect on the use. Optionally, you can remove the pilling with a lint clipper or by hand;
- If no cork of felt is underneath the Wobbel we recommend that you use a mat, carpet or rug underneath the Wobbel. This protects the Wobbel, your flooring and your ears. For vulnerable or floors that aren’t scratch resistant we always recommend using a mat, carpet or rug underneath the Wobbel, even if there is cork or felt underneath. Unprotected parts can still damage your floor or the Wobbel could get damaged.
- The Wobbel can get damaged by the use on hard and or irregular floors. Especially pay attention with tile flooring. Cork and felt can protect when using it with the convex side up (ᴗ). If no cork of felt is on your Wobbel we recommend that you use a mat, carpet or rug underneath it to protect the Wobbel, your floor and your ears. With the concave side up (ᴖ) cork or felt don’t offer protection and we recommend using a mat, carpet or rug underneath it. Moving or dragging the Wobbel over these kinds of floors with the concave side up (ᴖ) the edges could get damaged.
- Don’t store the Wobbel near a heat source like central heating and don’t store it in damp environments like a bathroom or unheated shed or garage.
- Don’t stak multiple Wobbel boards, but store them on their sides
- Users that are or were under the care of a physical therapist for their musculoskeletal system are advised to contact that therapist for proper use of the Wobbel.
Cleaning and maintenance
It is advised to clean the Wobbel with a damp cloth, combined with a mild detergent if necessary. It’s important to wipe it with a dry cloth after cleaning. Cork and felt are best cleaned in the same way. We had great results with a natural soap. Don’t wet the cork and felt too much because that could result in the detachment of the glue or could deform the cork. Don’t brush the felt too much, because that might damage it.
The Wobbel doesn’t need any special maintenance.
The Wobbel is made from sustainably harvested European beech wood (FSC) which is pressed and finished with water based lacquers and stains.
The Wobbel is CE certified according DIRECTIVE 2009/48/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 18 June 2009 on the safety of toys. It is also tested and certified for ASTM F963-16 and AS/NZS 8124-1:2016 | AS/NZS 8124-2:2016 | AS/NZS 8124-3:2012+A1:2016. It was also voluntarily tested until breaking point. These tests guarantee a safe weight limit of 200 kilograms, 100 kilograms for the Wobbel Starter.
Enjoy the Wobbel!
If you ever have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at:
Wobbel B.V. cannot be held responsible and accountable for physical and financial damage caused by using the Wobbel balance board.
Use active toys with care and under supervision of an adult.
The Wobbel is a product of Wobbel B.V.
Wobbel is for its idea, brand and model registered at the BBIE/BIOP.
Wobbel B.V. is in possession of the brand rights in combination with model rights.
The name Wobbel, the logo and the icon are protected brands.
Copying or recreating the Wobbel and using the name Wobbel is not allowed.
Wobbel B.V. will maintain its rights.